Porous materials for HPLC (High performance liquid chromatography)
Porvair manufacture sintered metal powder frits and cups used within the HPLC & UPHLC equipment.
These include column frits and solvent filters in materials such as Stainless Steel, Titanium, Hastelloy C276 and Hastelloy C22 and are available in a variety of pore sizes.
Column Support Frits
- Retain packing material at both ends of the liquid chromatography column.
- Provide uniform flow of sample into column.
Features and Benefits
- Precisely fit customer’s dimensional requirements
- Withstand high-pressure applications.
- Passivation offered for corrosion resistance.
- With or without chamfer
- Inert (Titanium frits for bio columns)
- Can be supplied as a disc or press-fit into ring (often PEEK)
Inlet solvent filter (sinker), inline solvent filter, pre-column filter and guard column filter
Inlet solvent filter
- Protect HPLC pump inlet check valves from particulate.
- Function as a sinker to hold the pump inlet tubing to bottom of solvent supply.
- Removes the need for a pre-filter.
Inline solvent filter
- Protects the sample injection valve from naturally occurring seal wear.
- Prevents downstream damage to components.
Pre-column filter and Guard column filter
- Traps particulate during mobile phase.
- Prevents pressure build-up within the column.
- Extended life of Column
- Guard columns have the additional benefit of using the same packing materials as the column to collect materials that would otherwise collect within the column.
Solvent Filters Features & Benefits
- Uniform Porosity
- Tortuous paths providing even flow.
- Precise Manufacturing
- Strict Process & Quality Control
- Consistent & Repeatable Flow Through the filter
- Depth Filtration
- Repeatable Control
- Filter Integrity
- Extended life of HPLC and UHPLC systems and components
What Porvair Can Offer
- Strong History in providing high-quality HPLC filters.
- Meet customer custom designs offering a high-quality solution.
- Onsite Citric Passivation
- Can be surface treated to improve inertness.
- Lab Testing and material development available
- Latest manufacturing technologies
- Latest Inspection technologies
- Conform to ISO9001
- ISO 4003 Æ Determination of Bubble Point Pore Size in Porous Sintered Metal