Production Manager, Ashland, Virginia, USA
Porvair Filtration Group is a fast-growing, international market leader in the design and manufacture of specialized filtration components, innovative materials and solutions for applications in filtration and separation. For nearly 50 years Porvair has delivered world class solutions to a number of high technology industries including: Aerospace, Nuclear Power Generation, Life Sciences, Chemical and Industrial Process and Food and Beverage markets.
With our US headquarters located in Ashland, Virginia, two additional US based manufacturing locations and our corporate headquarters on the South Coast of England, we’re an established business with an exciting growth plan. We have recently completed an acquisition of a new product line and are in the process of integrating their sales and manufacturing processes into our Ashland facility.
We’re looking for a highly motivated, professional, and enthusiastic Production Manager to oversee this exciting new business area.
As part of the role the successful candidate will:
- Direct and manage plant operations for production, maintenance, quality and shipping / receiving.
- Coordinate plant activities by planning with departmental managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Make appropriate buy/make decisions and manage a support supply chain both for critical outsourced operations and overflow capacity.
- Develop and control manufacturing department profits, plans, and budgets.
- Maintain and control an effective inventory control and monitoring system. Understand the effects of proper record-keeping and transactions on material and labor variances.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment. Propose adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or five years plant/general management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent ability to consistently achieve results; managing a varying output requirements, remaining calm under pressure and demonstrating flexibility to cope with changing and challenging priorities.
- Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements, and accounting transactions.
- Knowledge of MRP, Syspro, or other manufacturing management systems.
- Background with manufacturing methods, LEAN, continuous process improvement programs and procedures.
- Strong social & communication skills both verbal and written with solid computer literacy.
- High level of emotional intelligence, teamwork, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Candidate should display a high level of enthusiasm, motivation, ambition and have a real passion for their work.
Salary and Benefits:
- We offer a competitive salary, with a good benefits package, including a 401(k) plan, medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
For full details of the position please contact Chris Amey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 804 550 1600.